Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OCTELA conference 2010


Whew! What a ride :-) This past year has been such a nerve-racking, yet rewarding experience for me. Planning and presiding over a state wide conference was more work than I could have imagined, but I learned so much.

Although I didn't get to attend any breakout sessions, I was responsible for choosing them and I was pleased to see that many dealt with writing strategies in some way. It always seems that reading takes the forefront in English Language Arts instruction and I was happy to be able to offer a fine mix of both, along with the other 21st Century skills of building community, motivation, engagement, cooperation, and technology.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful conference! I presented at the OCTELA conference on Saturday and found it well organized and pleasant to attend. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks! It was well worth all the work, but I'm glad it's over :-)

    ReplyDelete