Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wikis Here, Wikis There

Wikis, wikis, everywhere!!! Who knew? I started out investigating e-Zines (which I'm still doing), but I've fallen in love with wikis. I can see so much potential with them and am bound and determined to incorporate them into my classroom, too. 
Just so you know,  offers free, unlimited k-12 wikis for educational purposes. I'm also finding that the process of writing this paper isn't so different from what I experienced putting together the multi-literacy autobiography and therefore, it's taking  FOREVER! I read one thing, which leads me to investigate something else, and on and on. I don't even need hyperlinks to do that :-) It's happening with print, too, so reading actual printed books and articles is becoming a non-linear activity for me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, I hope you're having a good couple of weeks! Thanks for the Wikispaces link, I will definitely check it out! We sure have been busy these past couple of weeks with this class! See you on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way--I just found out that each school in my district is going to have their own wiki. They also want teachers to have wikis. I love wikis too, but how many wikis can parents and students follow--especially when many don't have computers at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii again! Thanks for the tip about the APA book. I ended up going to the library and getting one! Also, we did discuss Alfie Kohn's book and I hope to read that soon. Right now I am using the First Six Weeks of School and Learning To Trust to help me set up the beginnining of the year... I hope it works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone looked into or set up a wikispaces account? Will it be "safe" such that my district might consider unblocking it? I'm still toying with the idea of blogs for some of my classes, but I don't want to hit a brick wall when it comes to what the district endorses.

    ReplyDelete